Thursday, 18 November 2010

Just waiting to be sewn together by hand. 
Pin prick stitch

Adding small square of canvas to strengthen the buttons

Ready to sew on the buttons

All six attached

Wednesday, 17 November 2010

Ready to be sewn in to the facing

Pinned facing ready for the the lining to be sewn in

Stitched closed while steaming to set pocket beading, before opening and adding the pocket flap.

Panels cut and working on the front pockets. 
Busy cutting table.

Marking out the waistcoat front and back

The next step is to steam all the fabric to prevent any shrinking during construction.  

Once all the paper work has cut and checked, it was put onto card which needed to be ironed flat before marking could begin.

Making a new pattern for the waistcoat as this was the first time i had made a 6 button and kept them inline.

The Chalk Stripe Suit

Having spent the best part of a few years keeping a keen eye open for the perfect chalk stripe.  I finally found it, and began work on what was to be the first of many suits made in the new studio with all new hardware.  And the difference was clear to see.